Thursday, March 8, 2007

Welcome

What to do? When your guts are in an uproar you can see a gastro-enterologist or you can see a shrink. Or you can write.

There's nothing wrong with my digestive system. [Knock on wood or "Please God" as my late Uncle Joe would say]. And I will resist the stereotypical temptation of older folks to talk about their bodily functions.

As for seeing a shrink, I don't think my intestinal uproar is due to any deep rooted neurosis. I have other deep rooted neuroses. (Don't we all have them?)

So that leaves writing. I can share my upset with the world. I can throw my words into that mysterious space of the internet where millions can see it. that's what this is all about.

I can write anything I want. But my father's dictum still rings in my ears after over half a century: "any job worth doing is worth doing well." So I will spell correctly and do my best to write as clearly as possible.

As I see it, this site will give me an opportunity to bring forth issues that concern me. That's the nature of the first piece. "Enough is Enough is Enough" expresses it all in the title. It has been a long time coming.

But, lest you think that this will be entirely political, I also include a second piece, "Today is Water", a poem I wrote a few days ago.

There is only one thing more tedious than writing about what one is going to write about. That is reading about someone writing about what he is going to write about. So enough of that. In the words of Maurice Sendak, "let the rumpus begin."

1 comment:

MartaSzabo said...

Dear Sarv,

I really like this new blog. I read MOST of the Iraq piece and found it fresh and alive. I will return and am excited to see the rumpus.

Marta